TAMANIQUE WATERFALL & EL TUNCO BEACH
TAMANIQUE WATERFALL TOUR & EL TUNCO BEACH DESCRIPTION
If you enjoy being in contact with nature, hiking, beaches and waterfalls, a tour to Tamanique has it all. The Tamanique waterfalls are located on El Bálsamo mountain range south of San Salvador. On these mountains are born different sources of water that reach the Sunzal river, on this river these beautiful waterfalls are formed. Tamanique is surrounded by different types of forest and fields. During the dry season (November – April) the scenery turns golden in color, but during the winter season (May – October) the forests will make you feel an incredible atmosphere. A moderate physical condition will be very helpful for this hike. We will visit 4 beautiful waterfalls, from two of these you can dive and dive into these refreshing waters. Enjoy these crystalline waters that are born from the mountain before starting our return.
After finishing the visit to the Tamanique waterfalls, we will continue with a relaxing visit to Playa El Tunco, we will visit this small Surf Town, full of color and the pleasant friendliness of the locals. Playa El Tunco is known for its waves perfect for surfing and its variety of restaurants and hotels. Come discover these destinations with us.
TAMANIQUE WATERFALL TOUR & EL TUNCO BEACH ITINERARY
We will leave San Salvador at 08:30 a.m. Your guide will be waiting for you at your accommodation hotel. in San Salvador
We will have reached the town of Tamanique, here our descent towards these beautiful waterfalls begins. A local guide will accompany us on this tour, walking through forests and corn fields. Remember that you need appropriate hiking shoes.
We will have reached the beginning of these beautiful waterfalls, you can swim or dive in the refreshing waters. Our local guide will take us safely to enjoy this exciting experience. We will take 2 hours to explore this natural gem, refresh ourselves and then get ready for our return.
After our exciting visit to the waterfalls it is time to relax on the shores of the most visited beach in El Salvador. You can choose your restaurant from many options, explore the colorful murals and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the Salvadoran coast. This destination is visited by foreigners from all over the world for its waves of international quality for surfing.
We start our return to your lodging hotel in San Salvador, an approximate ride of 1 hour and a half. Approximate time of arrival 04.30 pm.
Inclusions & Exclusions on this Trip
INCLUSIONS • Small Groups • San Salvador city or El Tunco Beach hotel pickup and drop-off • Transport by comfortable vehicle • Professional Tour Guide • All Entrances fees.
EXCLUSIONS •Gratuities (optional)• Lunch /Food • Drinks • Water bottle
- Please remember that the hike to Tamanique Waterfalls depends on the weather conditions and the cancellation of this tour can be done at the last minute by the national park authorities. Safety first. If this is the situation, we will offer a tour alternative for the same day.
- Do not forget to bring your sunscreen.
- Wear your mountain shoes or comfortable shoes, for difficult terrain.
- You can take your swimsuit.
- In the rainy season, do not forget to bring your poncho.
- Take your camera with you to take spectacular pictures
- Jump into the refreshing waters of tamanique.
- Enjoy direct contact with nature.
- Walk in a tropical dry forest.
- Panoramic views of the Salvadoran territory.
- Relaxing visit to Playa El Tunco.